Powered by Blogger.

Laundry Soap Recipe




I think this soap is just fabulous!  I use it with cold water and there is no residue of any kind left on the dark wash.  I had tried another recipe that only worked with hot water, which defeated the purpose of saving pennies.  By accident I got so excited I grated too much of the soap and ended up making more laundry soap than probably necessary.  The good news?  I have enough soap until May 2010.  My DD had a great time stirring the goop and working on her "invention." 

Homemade Laundry Soap 
1/2 bar Sunlight bar soap grated
1/2 cup washing soda
1/2 cup Borax powder
2 gallons of water
A bucket about 3 gallon size

  • Add the washing soda and borax to 1 1/2 gallons of hot water in your bucket.  Stir until it is dissolved.
  • Grate  the soap and add to 1/2 gallon (6 to 8 cups) of boiling water.  Heat  in a sauce pan or microwave until soap flakes are dissolved.
  • Add you bar soap mixture to the borax mixture and stir.  Let the soap sit for about 24 hours stirring occasionally and it will gel.
  • Stir thoroughly and bottle.
  • Can be used in hot or cold water wash.
Shake the laundry soap bottle before you use it.
Use 1/2 cup per load.

16 cups = 1 gallon

 

 

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP