Homemade Laundry Soap
1/2 bar Sunlight bar soap grated
1/2 cup washing soda
1/2 cup Borax powder
2 gallons of water
A bucket about 3 gallon size
- Add the washing soda and borax to 1 1/2 gallons of hot water in your bucket. Stir until it is dissolved.
- Grate the soap and add to 1/2 gallon (6 to 8 cups) of boiling water. Heat in a sauce pan or microwave until soap flakes are dissolved.
- Add you bar soap mixture to the borax mixture and stir. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours stirring occasionally and it will gel.
- Stir thoroughly and bottle.
- Can be used in hot or cold water wash.
Use 1/2 cup per load.
16 cups = 1 gallon