Powered by Blogger.

Cake Talk

This is serious cake talk.  Once in your life you should make & bake this cake for yourself or someone you love.  Worth every ounce of energy.  I have wanted to do this cake forever and a long time.  Normally, I would not take all the effort to bake my own cake but this year I had no choice.  I couldn't not have this cake.  {The grammar police in me is cringing at my usage of double negatives}.  We loved looking at the vibrant colors and of course the pretty skittles were fun to eat.  My only mistake was not putting enough red dye in the cake as the color turned out pinkish.  The batter looked fine but baked lighter.  I think this cake will be the new family tradition for birthdays for the kidlets.  Warning:  Don't do this cake if you don't have a lot of people to share with.



  This idea comes from one of my favorite places to visit and that is The Idea Room.  If Amy did not mention how to divide the cake into equal measurements I never would have attempted this cake.  I don't have the time or patience to experiment.  My baby naps once during the day and that is my only time to shine.  I have two hours to succeed or fail.  So thanks for sharing your cake so that we could all have fun with it.  And believe me we have had fun!  Get the details here.  We talked about this cake so much I am officially done with it until the next birthday. My birthday is Friday, Feb.25th and I think I will just have a salad.
~Becki
Follow Me on Pinterest 

Amy@HomeRemediesRX  – (February 23, 2011 at 2:11 PM)  

Oh my goodness! That is the coolest cake ever! I hope you save a piece for your upcoming birthday because salad would be wrong....just plain wrong! I hope your birthday is as amazing as this cake (which is pretty amazing!)

ellieshine  – (March 8, 2011 at 6:36 PM)  

Very cute! I love all the colors of it - and especially how big it looks :) I think my 4 year old might have this for her next birthday - she loves rainbows!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

xo ellie

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State  – (March 14, 2011 at 12:47 PM)  

That turned out so cute! Great idea making the rainbow on top.

Thanks for visiting!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP