Powered by Blogger.

Sugar Cube Cottage

{Sugar Love}

My sweet friend Vanessa {first guest} and her daughter made this sugar cube cottage in 2009 and I immediately thought in the back of my mind that I should post this for next year.  A year has gone by and here we are.  An updated twist to the standard Gingerbread House.  She used 5 boxes of sugar cubes and 5 boxes made two houses.  For the glue she used royal icing and added more icing to garnish the house with the frosty look of icicles and snow. 

I would love to try this in all white with silver dragees and put a tea light {battery operated} inside.  Another house in red & white for a Swedish Christmas {God Jul}.    
    
Please go over to I heart nap time for the Sundae Scoop so you can get some other fabulous craft ideas or to just sit and browse at all the goodies.  After we finish our own gingerbread or sugar love houses I am hanging up the glue gun, sitting back and enjoying all the fruits of our labor{and yours}. No more glitter, no more glue, I want to sit back and enjoy the holiday with you!

2010 Sugar Cube Cottage

Light's on, somebody's home!




Vanessa is already dreaming up new ideas for next year including wax paper windows and red licorice pathways lined with lollypops.
Resources: 
House & Home Christmas Issue 2003.  Design Editor, Morgan Mitchener.
I am linking up with i heart nap time, just something i whipped up and blue cricket design. 
Photobucket
The Girl Creative
~Becki

Parsley  – (December 14, 2010 at 10:06 AM)  

Oh my goodness! This is a MUST DO!!!!!

Humble Bee  – (December 14, 2010 at 10:44 AM)  

Totally! I don't recommend eating it though...this would send you on a sugar high of death. I hope you make it Parsley!

Lisa  – (December 14, 2010 at 12:42 PM)  

Oh this is truly beautiful. Your friend has real talent. Thanks for letting me know about this post so I could come over and see how it turned out. By the way, I'm holding a giveaway on my blog for Orglamix Organic makeup and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/12/orglamix-organic-mineral-makeup-review.html. Ends 12/18.

Erin  – (December 14, 2010 at 6:37 PM)  

I LOVE this! How totally cool! ANd it looks so great with the white rather than traditional brown. She did an amazing job!!!

Amy@HomeRemediesRX  – (December 17, 2010 at 8:38 PM)  

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog post...I am loving this adorable sugar cube cottage! If I were only tinier, I would put a "sold" sign in the frosted front yard and move myself in!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP