Powered by Blogger.

July Meal Plan

I had the wonderful opportunity to have some quiet time to myself {thank you mom and dad Rice} and took the time to create a menu for the entire month of July.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think I could pull this off.  My cousin Kate mentioned that this was something she was doing and thanks to her my hampster wheel started turning.  Could I pull it off? Yes, indeed.  No, this is not something new and yes I realize there are computers that will put all this meal planning drama in a nice organized plan on a 4-6-8 week rotation.  That would be too easy!   I prefer my pen and paper combo.  In the past I did not think this was really worth the trouble and now I have completely changed my tune.  Right now I can go the entire month of July sans pressure of "what's for supper?"      

  
Meal Plan {July}
Spaghetti & Garlic Bread
Beef Stroganoff
BBQ Burgers & Coleslaw w/ Green Leafy Salad
Roast Chicken Slow Cooker  {Make Chicken Stock}
Sweet & Sour Chicken & Chinese Fried Rice {My Favorite Meal}
Pizza
Cauliflower Soup PDubs {Use Chicken Stock}
Cheeseburger Meatloaf
Meatballs {Sweet & Sour}
Fish {Parmesan}
Chicken Nuggets {Homemade}
Pioneer Woman Baked Beans
Hot Chicken Sandwiches, Veggies, Fries or Mash Pot.
Roasted Chicken Dinner w/ Stove Top & Sweet Potato
Roast  {Large enough to turn leftovers into Shepherd's pie}
Shepherd's Pie
Stuffed Pasta Shells
Breakfast for Supper or Grill Cheese & Soup
Taco Salad
Cold Plate {chicken salad, turkey, cheese, bisquits and fruit}
Pic Nics {As many as possible}
Leftovers where possible
*This looks like so much food!  I think I counted twenty meals and this should carry us through until the end of the month.
 
SnacksEnergy Bites,  Fresh Fruit, Fresh Veg, Yogurt, Cookies or Muffins


Lunch:  Simple Sandwiches, Soup, Small finger foods with Raw Fruits/Veg.  Fresh home made bread, thick slice cheddar and molasses!  This sandwich is new to me and surprisingly flavorful and fulfilling.  Soup


Breakfast:  Eggs {various styles}, Pancakes, French Toast, or Fruit Salad.  The kidlets have informed me that they need a break from oatmeal so we will have toasted tomato sandwiches, veggie sandwiches or grilled cheese for breaky.  Granola parfaits are always fun as well.


Since this is summer break we are not on a strict schedule so I am not assigning foods with each calendar day.  I am happy enough just to have the goods on hand.  I am using a very scientific formula: the Double I's.  Form the Idea {come up with a concrete plan in your head or on paper} and Execute the Item {purchase items, prep meal and polish off the crumbs}.  Just a joke of course because there really is no scientific formulas to be had here.  Some days might be too hot for a roast and other days might be too cool for cold salad plate and well...you get the idea I'm sure.    

Since the beginning of summer break Sunday's seem to be the day we have strawberry shortcake for dessert.  The other night we had all the fixings minus the strawberries so we used raspberries, the frozen variety.  The shortcake was delicious!  The flavor was unbeatable!



I have had a lot of success with Mel's Kitchen CafĂ© and Smashed Peas and Carrots.  Of course there are many great food blogs out there but these two I find most appealing for feeding my children.
Happy Days!
 Follow Me on Pinterest
~Becki   
p.s  Forgot to mention a little shout out to my favorite beef supplier: Mulder's in Maugerville, NB.  Now under a new owner but same concept.  The sign on the outside has not changed and I'm pretty sure they do not have a website but that's okay cuz Nothing beats Organic Beef!  

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP