Powered by Blogger.

Thrift Store Thursday


I just found this wonderful blog that belongs to a creative mom who loves to thrift.
Holly at Homebody started a linky party which involves - yes, you guessed it - thrifty finds.
My English professor would be mortified with the usage of these dash marks.
I just had to join in the fun as I have been doing so well lately. After some careful thought I think I should have a Thrift Store section and my Free Finds section.


I purchased the plates for $1 each then spray painted them white. I feel that the plates should have been .50 cents, but I did not want to lose out on these plates with fancy edging. When I find more plates I will spray paint the rest white and then the middle platter will be coated in chocolate. Originally, the collector plates were Niagra Falls, South Carolina and sunny Florida. Hopefully after some successful yard sales I will have a cluster big enough to make a pattern on the wall.



Robeez .50 cents, cheese dish $2 & bunnies .50 cents
I plan to put a nest in the cheese dome before April 12th.


Holly  – (March 26, 2009 at 8:22 AM)  

I love the plates...I'm going to have to look out for those souvenir plates now. You got a good price on the cheese dome. Good deals!

Tee  – (March 26, 2009 at 9:07 AM)  

Great idea painting the plates - I would never think to do that. Maybe the wood cheese plate would look "springier" if it was painted also. Love the egg wreaths you made too!

Unknown  – (March 26, 2009 at 9:39 AM)  

Robeez for $.50! Wow. And I thought getting them for $5 was a great deal.
Mrs. Petrie @ http://casapetrie.com/blog/

Unknown  – (March 26, 2009 at 10:16 AM)  

Great finds! I love the plates. I, too, spray painted the plates that hang in my dining room.

Sheryl

Traci @ The Bakery  – (March 26, 2009 at 5:10 PM)  

I saw a lady that collected the cheese domes and used them on plates at the table...to cover dinner or dessert on EACH person's plate...sooo cute!!! I like the idea of a nest!

Micah and Katie  – (March 26, 2009 at 5:21 PM)  

Hey I have the same Robeez a friend found them on Kijiji for $5 for the babe.

See you this weekend

Humble Bee  – (March 27, 2009 at 1:12 PM)  

Wow, thanks everyone. Thanks to Holly's help I was able to submit my post on time for Thursday. I worked so hard on Thrift Store Thursday that I had to go out and go goodwill hunting after wards for a reward.
I saw the spray painted plates on Nesting Place.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP