Powered by Blogger.

Holiday Tags

 
I promised myself not to jump the gun too much, but just could not help myself.  This was just something casual and quite simple.  I did not want to invest any money or a lot of time into this quickie.  As an avid scrapper I do love me some chipboard, however; I would never pay the price they charge and turn around and use it on a tag that will either be tossed or sent to the crackling wood stove.  If the tag has an opportunity to be recycled then I'm okay with that.  

{See my ugly marker tracings?}



I recycled a cereal box {raisin bran}and used a ruler to cut out a tag shape then covered it in scrap paper from the holiday stash and pasted the first layer.  I placed them under two heavy books {Shakespeare & Websters} and waited a good day before finishing the tags.  I'm glad I waited till everything dried.  I also covered the back of the tag with a brown paper bag.  I could see my black tracing lines and markings for where to trim.  The fun part of course was garnishing the tags!  The end results are cute and whimsical.  This is Raisin Bran with holiday flare.


I asked my 5 year old if we should sell them and she raised her eyebrows up and replied, "I don't think so!"  I then asked her if she had her own card making company what would she call it.  Without hesitation she said, "Card Ink," which I thought was clever because I was thinking 'Card Inc.' the business and she was thinking 'ink' because we sometimes use markers on our cards. 

giveaways
 




Let the holiday magic begin!



~Becki

Parsley  – (November 3, 2010 at 7:03 AM)  

I was needing a simple crafting idea for little hands in 4H and I can't believe I didn't think about TAGS! Glad you commented so I could drop by and be reminded of this option!

Yes...a Valentine's Swap will be SUPER FUN!! I'll look forward to counting you in.

Patty  – (November 4, 2010 at 8:34 PM)  

Thanks for posting this. I'm not a huge scrapbooker (I would like to be though!). This is a great idea that would help me use up all that paper I've been hoarding. And I think my daughter could help with this too. Might be a project for us this weekend.

Sandy Ang  – (November 6, 2010 at 7:58 AM)  

These are such great tags for Christmas.
Love to see you at my Christmas Card Challenge
http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/lcom-christmas-card-crop-hop.html

Shannon  – (November 6, 2010 at 8:33 AM)  

These are very cute. A use for cereal box cardboard! I think you inspired me to start my tags this weekend. Thanks for sharing!

~Shannon
festiveworks.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP