Powered by Blogger.

Holiday Traditions

Currently, I am working on getting my holiday ducks in a row.  If I can manage all the prep work in November then execution of the traditions for December should be a breeze.   This will be our second year of unwrapping books and reading them each night throughout December.  Me being me made sure to pass on the information to daddy so in case anything happens he knows what to do.  Sidebar:  I should make a binder filled with directions and motherly secrets for emergency.

This tradition is simple, easy and fun for young ones.  I found enough holiday books so that my oldest can unwrap 2 books per night leading up to Christmas Eve.  They are wrapped, put in a basket and set aside, waiting for December 1st.  The only one that is specially marked is 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.'

I left the Christmas Carols and holiday craft books unwrapped.  We have 3 organized crafts per week so we don't want to wait till mid December before starting or she might not unwrap the book till near the end so that does not work in this case.  We love us some good songs to sing as well so better leave that book out and available now.

Although we have our holiday season tradition list completed, approved, printed and framed I would love to hear what other traditions you might have.  A beautiful friend of mine makes sparkling, sugar cube houses and I am really hoping she will send a photo then, I can share with you.  

~Becki

Parsley  – (November 3, 2010 at 7:05 AM)  

I have a 14 year old that I STILL read little Children's books to. I recommend, Too Many Pumpkins, Cranberry Thankgiving and Cranberry Christmas. That covers Oct,Nov, and Dec ;-)

Humble Bee  – (November 4, 2010 at 6:07 PM)  

I love new titles to read. Thanks Parsley.

Lisa  – (November 5, 2010 at 7:24 PM)  

What a neat family tradition for the holidays. I'll definitely keep this one in mind for when I have a family of my own someday. Can't wait to see those sugar cube houses too. I've never seen one before. By the way, I'm holding a CSN giveaway on my blog and you're welcome to come by and enter. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/11/45-csn-giveaway.html

Humble Bee  – (November 8, 2010 at 5:17 AM)  

Thanks for your comment Lisa. Hopefully, my sweet friend will be making the houses and take some pretty pictures for me. They really are magical and sparkly.

Carrie Ann Eddleman  – (November 8, 2010 at 6:47 AM)  

Wow, you are really prepared for the holidays. I'm so not there yet...I better get on the ball. Love the idea of books for the little ones, what a fun tradition. : ) Carrie

Maria Berg  – (November 14, 2010 at 7:51 AM)  

You made me very happy that you want to change/ swap Christmas gift with me!!! Thank you I will send a e-mail with my address for you.

Yes it is good to start in good time before Christmas so it would not be so stresses in the end before Christmas eve (we here celebrate Christmas eve and change gifts that evening).
I look forward a lot to the excitement to get something with the post!

That with books is a very good, I have bought a lot of books during the year at different flea marked and have a lot of them I think I will do as you.
I have 3 girls, 10, 7 and 4 years old and all the books are children books, I even have a few in English and my sister in law are marred with a guy from USA so they will love those books.

Take care,
Maria Berg

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP