Powered by Blogger.

Scrapping 4x6's

Anyone a fan of scrapbooking?  I love to scrap my 4x6's mostly because it is easier and I do not like to crop my photos.  I simply do not have time.  I  do well to take photos, edit, and send order to Costco.  I just want to capture the moment then print and paste.  My hobby is generally done in the winter months when I hunker down to hibernate from the cold and blowing snow.  I can already feel the need to stay home, plug in the kettle for hot cocoa, and let the creativity flow.  

By shear accident I discovered a wonderful website where we learn a new interactive scrapbooking technique for each month of the year.  My favorite part is that it involves 4x6 photos exclusively.  Love. Love.  I was always discouraged by the odd number configurations that a popular scrapbooking magazine published.  Asking for 3x2's, 4x4, 5x8 etc...and just ended up being super frustrated at the printers because the numbers never worked out to my advantage.  So during the summer months I discovered Shimelle Laine.  I simply watch her videos and then go ahead and create my own version of interactive scrapbooking layout.  I found that I was actually having fun!  If you enjoy scrapping and have never taken an exacto knife to slice your plastic page protector then you will have a blast!  I was definitely stepping on the other side of fear for this project. 
 {Four photos and one open spot for journaling}  
{The remaining three 4x6's}

This project was from July and since July is month seven we were supposed to scrap seven photos in our layout.  And can you guess where I am headed after this blog post?  Yup, you guessed right.  Going to visit Shimelle at Two Peas in a Bucket to see her latest project for September, month nine.

She is a wonderful instructor and I am slowly learning about layering, layering, layering.  Symmetry and layering seem to be a repeating trend in her method.  But it works, it really works and that makes me happy.   
Happy scrapping,
Becki


Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP