Powered by Blogger.

All Hallow's Eve {A month ago}

The Halloween fun seemed to go on and on and on.  My mother came down from Fredericton to take the girls out and the fun never stopped.  We attended the Haunted House at the High School, had a couple social parties, one school assembly, official trick or treat night and finally ended the festivities with a witch's tea and game of cards.  Megan was a witch for all the social activities but when the time came to go trick or treating she dressed up super warm in her spider suit.  The spider and the ladybug survived a cold night.  My mother did not waste any time and quickly snagged all the cans of Pepsi.


We tried something new this year and the plan worked really well.  I went to the sally ann store and picked up some awesome books including hardcovers for 45 cents.  After trick or treating we did Books for Treats and they spread out the candy and each picked 5 treats and then exchanged the rest for the pile of books.  They chose to eat the candy in one sitting and I was pleased with the results.   I believe a lady in British Columbia started the idea and as soon as I find her link I will have to post it.  Such a great idea!


I definitely felt like all the angles were covered, all the T's were crossed and all the i's were dotted except when my youngest went door to door I forgot to snap a shot.  Oh well.

{School Treats}
{Class Carvings}

{Getting creepy}

{I am definitely not going in}
{The creativity does not cease to amaze me}
{Another creative neighbor who makes his own props}
{Witch's Tea with Mother}



{Ladybug}
 Phew!  That was exhausting!  I would consider taking a nap but looking at the calender we are now at the end of November.  We have already decorated for holidays and had our first tree up.   Trees up, trees down we can't find the right tree.  We aren't really that fussy but when I can see the wall through the bows I had to pack it up.  We tried to fake it and just couldn't.  In the meantime I hope to get some crafting done. 

~Becki 

Parsley  – (November 30, 2011 at 1:33 PM)  

Looks like it was a fun time!

You asked about how I got the look on my blog. I go to http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ and get a blogger background per my mood or season.

It's free so you can try as many as you want :)

Maria Berg  – (January 31, 2012 at 11:48 AM)  

I just have to been in USA for a real Halloween one year with my children - the tradition with Halloween has just started here and not much happens.

Take care
/MB

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP