Powered by Blogger.

Surprising News!

Good News!  I successfully finished my first Shape Kit and discovered that I lost 7.5 lbs on my fourth week.  I knew something was different simply by the way my jeans fit.  As I mentioned before they were just falling off.  I even slipped on a pair of brand new jeans that I was never able to wear more than 6 years ago!  I ran around the house jumping for joy!  Over the holidays I indulged a bit but nothing over the top.  So now after taking two days off of Visalus I am back on track and feeling great.  I am still amazed at my progress and the direction I am headed.  Below is one of my favorite shakes that I look forward to each & every morning.  Occasionally, my oldest daughter and I have arguments over who gets the first batch.

I would consider this one my morning treat and then for lunch I go a more simpler route.  Lunch would be a simple cup of Almond Milk, Banana, and ice cubes.  Speaking of ice cubes I should mention that a glass blender is a heck of a lot better than plastic any day and of course you know the trick right?  Actually, several tricks are to keep the blender running while you add powder so it does not stick to the sides.  My mother complains that powder just sticks to the sides and the solution is to keep the blender running then add Visalus.

The second trick it to use your blender machine to wash out your vessel.  Add water, couple drops of soap then lock your blender in place and whirl away.  Some brands even have the button that says "clean."  Easy peasy.     

Raspberry Orange Smoothie
2/3 cup Orange Juice
3/4 Greek Yogourt
10 oz. Frozen Raspberries
1 Tablespoon milled Flax Seed or Flax oil {see picture}
1 tsp. Honey
2 Scoops of Visalus 
Blend in the order given.  Blend smooth.  Fill your drinking vessel, mug, jug or whatever pleases you and enjoy!



  I started out using Liberte Yogourt that was 7% MF and of course this was super tasty but higher in calories and fat.  My husband stepped in and saved the day by making a simple modification for my shake by lowering milk fats and switching to O% MF yogourt.   I am excited to see where I will end up on my 90th day of the Challenge! I will have to come up with a new set of goals now that I met my first goal of not sleeping the afternoon away!
~Becki

Maria Berg  – (January 31, 2012 at 11:35 AM)  

I hope that later this spring it is me that also can write " they were just falling off..." I have started to lose weight only 2 weeks ago. since being back from 6 weeks in Sri Lanka with the hole family.

You made me hungry I know there is some frosen raspberry down stairs...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP