Powered by Blogger.

Cucina Chalkboard Wall

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a giant chalkboard in your kitchen?  Absolutely fabulous I tell ya!  I completed this project a while back, took a picture then completely erased from my memory data bank.  But wanted to make sure to tell you that if you are ever considering painting one on your wall do not hesitate.  I was frightened to death but excited at the same time.  I knew it was one of those things you just have to do in order to see it.  I thought the kidlets would use this more but turns out I use it the most. I see now, several months later, that Martha Stewart has pretty chalkboard paint in aqua blue green and grey.  Being the conservative that I am I still would have used black.    

I simply primed my wall with primer then followed the instructions on the can of chalk paint.  Easy peasy lemon squeasy.  


Five coats this was.  I did not go the magnetic route.  I was feeling lazy, cheap, and had zero desire for farm animals or letters from the alphabet cluttering my limited space.  The same goes with the fridge.  The fridge should not be cluttered or look like an overloaded memo board.  Something else to keep in mind is that if there is a lot of weight on your fridge door, the door will not seal tightly.    

My chalkboard wall does not take up an entire wall but acts more like a frame around the door and then ends where the fridge starts on the opposite side.  A border chalkboard that balances the weight of the fridge on the opposite side.  The hardest part of the project and the part with most effort was seasoning the wall.  Kind of like your cast iron skillets; works better with a layer of grease.  In this case a layer of chalk dust.  What are you waiting for?  Go chalk it up!  Take a lovely note from the Nester...it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful. 
~Becki 
Follow Me on Pinterest 

OhioDanielle  – (March 1, 2012 at 11:57 AM)  

Love this! I've been wanting to chalkboard an entire door in my kitchen, just need to make time to do it!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP