Powered by Blogger.

Brown Paper Nests

Such a cute craft.  Messy but still fun.  I wish I could have come up with this idea on my own but all the credit goes to Malia and you can find her here.  So fun to put brown paper lunch bags in the shredder and of course the girls had a blast!   After all the paper was shredded we lined our bowls with cling wrap then started the gooey messy process of making our bird nests.  Lots of glue and sticky hands.  We did many layers then left for 48+ hours.  We feathered our nests and added chicks.  Great for a center piece or spring learning project.  We used Modge Podge and our nests turned out nice and solid like.  I think it looks nice and natural looking.
Here are some helpful instructions on how to make the craft





We also made masks.  I didn't use a pattern for this one.  I simply used white bristol and my own hand drawing of rabbit face with ears.  My inspiration came from here.  Of course you can google rabbit masks for templates and there are several excellent resources for patterns.  I wish I remembered to add our whiskers.  


Easter eggs dyed with kool aid.  My fav. 








Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP